Overview Features Instructions Performance Forum Downloads Products OrderV4 Reseller Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesDemosApolloVampireAROSWorkbenchATARIReleases
Questions and Answers for AMIGA Workbench or Coffin

Coffin OS R56 - (30/04/2020)page  1 2 3 4 

Michael AMike

Posts 130
04 May 2020 14:37


But apparently experience enough to put a complete webshop online  which is obvious not in line with the legal framework.  For example, I cannot find an imprint.


Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 1697
04 May 2020 19:19


mark pearson wrote:

  Thanks for your all comments and views I will keep you in mind as helpful people if i need anymore help inwhich i will need in the near future as i dont really mess around with the workbench like you guys do.
 

 
  Only "positive" side is for people who dont even want to download and burn an image, but like "quick and easy" solution like already availiable card.
 
  But negative side is - promoting something free as paid product (there is no link to real website or download anywhere), fake presentation as real website of OS (which it is not) and giving ammo to those who like to criticize ApolloOS - as it "looks" like reselling something based on OS 3.9.
 
  So, for a small favor (and profit) you commit much more wrongdoings.


Carlos Roldan

Posts 6
16 May 2020 16:41


Is there a way to edit the coffin R56 image on a pc before burning it to a CF card?


Pat 3657

Posts 34
16 May 2020 18:28


Just add the image file as a hardfile to WinUAE.
RTG won't work though...


Mark Pearson

Posts 22
17 May 2020 08:22


Yes but your paying for a service like computer repair


Carlos Roldan

Posts 6
17 May 2020 15:52


Thanks, that worked!  :)


Jeremy Buza

Posts 9
19 May 2020 22:58


Just a head's up: I burned the R56 imade to an SD card using Etcher, and it works perfectly.
  I made sure I wiped the card and had it as a FAT32 format beforehand (via BOOTICE and "SD Card Formatter"), but both Win32DickImager and Etcher should work just fine to burn this to a CF or SD card.

Loving some of the graphical updates so far, and it seems to be a bit more stable than R54.  One issue I am seeing though:
WHDLoad / iGame loader does not seem to have the proper pointers to games / demos in it's list.  I can verify at least that most of the demos that start with a number do not work unless you load the demos directly from their folders.


Bill Panagouleas

Posts 28
20 May 2020 01:58


Jeremy, I don’t believe you.  How were you able to do that without Mark Pearson‘s help?


Sean Sk

Posts 366
20 May 2020 02:09


Bill Panagouleas wrote:

Jeremy, I don’t believe you.  How were you able to do that without Mark Pearson‘s help?

You made my morning with this one. Thanks! :)


Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 1697
21 May 2020 17:57


Posting Porn Hub links, wont help.

Also, (by number of posts) this seems even to be "fake" Mark Pearsons, joking on him. Which also is reason #2 for ban.

We hope for Mark to get reasonable in promoting his "service" and not having such inside jokes. Thanks.


Eric Gus

Posts 402
21 May 2020 18:08


Why is this guy still here pushing his pirated SD cards?

People just download it yourself for free..


Ralf P

Posts 5
21 May 2020 18:34


ripping people is not serious...


Sean Sk

Posts 366
22 May 2020 01:13


This is a serious request to the mods:

Could someone please ban Mark Pearson and remove his posts!! We DO NOT need pornhub links posted in this forum!!



Ronnie Beck
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 178
22 May 2020 07:27


sean sk wrote:

This is a serious request to the mods:
 
  Could someone please ban Mark Pearson and remove his posts!! We DO NOT need pornhub links posted in this forum!!
 

Indeed posting links to porn is a bannable offence.
Claiming to support the Apollo Team whilest only profiteering from the work of others is also not tolerated.

Mark Pearson, fake and/or real, you have been warned.


Gernt Gerloff

Posts 49
22 May 2020 08:00


eric gus wrote:

Why is this guy still here pushing his pirated SD cards?
 
  People just download it yourself for free..

Even if you download, its still pirated/illegal though.


Eric Gus

Posts 402
23 May 2020 04:09


Gernt Gerloff wrote:

eric gus wrote:

  Why is this guy still here pushing his pirated SD cards?
 
  People just download it yourself for free..
 

  Even if you download, its still pirated/illegal though.

I didnt say it was or wasnt .. just question why he was here pushing his pirated SD cards .. more so when you can download it yourself .


Gernt Gerloff

Posts 49
23 May 2020 08:18


eric gus wrote:

Gernt Gerloff wrote:

 
eric gus wrote:

  Why is this guy still here pushing his pirated SD cards?
   
    People just download it yourself for free..
 

  Even if you download, its still pirated/illegal though.
 

 
  I didnt say it was or wasnt .. just question why he was here pushing his pirated SD cards .. more so when you can download it yourself .

Which has the same legitimacy as encouraging people to use the pirated download.
Its not very consistent to be annoyed about this and accept the existence of and support for Coffin in the first place. It annoys developer (especially the ones, which software is published there without consent) and regular Amiga user in the same way. And that it is sold here for money, it's just a cherry on top, not really worsen the situation by a large amount.



Chris T.

Posts 118
23 May 2020 20:32


Where is the turtle mode? In Coffin OS R55 there was it in the menu of the WB. Do I have to use now only  vcontrol from the shell? Even I activated it by vcontrol from shell, it does not feel like it is on?!


Sean Sk

Posts 366
23 May 2020 21:08


Chris T. wrote:

Even I activated it by vcontrol from shell, it does not feel like it is on?!

Which Vampire are you using?


Chris T.

Posts 118
23 May 2020 23:42


In this config the Vampire V500V2+

posts 65page  1 2 3 4