Overview Features Instructions Performance Forum Downloads Products OrderV4 Reseller Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesDemosApolloVampireAROSWorkbenchATARIReleases
Documentation about the Vampire hardware

Mindless Bashing. Only An Amiga Users Thing?

Mo Retro

Posts 239
07 Dec 2019 19:48


I hate this mindless Vampire & Apollo Team bashing. I agree everyone may have his opinion and may be critical, but it must be grounded.
What I see in the FB link below is just childish behaviour.
They are attacking the Vampire all for the same reason and that is, they'll benefit if this project won't succeed. Because they all have there own products that have to come po eye with the Vampire.
Some have just a person vendetta with the Team.

It's like Phake 5 all over again.

I don't know what the members here think about this thread on Facebook.

EXTERNAL LINK 


Mr Niding

Posts 448
07 Dec 2019 20:46


I deleted my FB account a few months ago, and dont miss it.

That said; who cares about trolling on internet? Negativity is all around you, be it on the internet and in real life.

The thing is; in reallife, you wont have to deal with them to the same degree, since they are scattered all over the world. Online they can converge on your favourite topic.

Solution? Dont bother to engage them, or just stick to clinical objective facts, and not let yourself get drawn into discussions about semantics and "feelings".


Mo Retro

Posts 239
07 Dec 2019 21:15


Mr Niding wrote:

I deleted my FB account a few months ago, and dont miss it.
 
  That said; who cares about trolling on internet? Negativity is all around you, be it on the internet and in real life.
 
  The thing is; in reallife, you wont have to deal with them to the same degree, since they are scattered all over the world. Online they can converge on your favourite topic.
 
  Solution? Dont bother to engage them, or just stick to clinical objective facts, and not let yourself get drawn into discussions about semantics and "feelings".

You're right pal they're so full of them selves.
That's why I didn't bother to react on there mindless trolling. It won't lead to anything.



Olaf Schoenweiss

Posts 652
08 Dec 2019 08:56


idiots...


Eric Gus

Posts 429
08 Dec 2019 09:02


Whats interesting is most of the people complaining/biggest "haters" earn money in some way, shape or fashion around the old machines and/or the old hardware or fixing/repair/selling addons for it... if that goes away so will their revenue streams..
 
  As they used to say back in the old days "Follow the money" ..


Michael Borrmann

Posts 133
08 Dec 2019 10:09


Haters gonna hate, you can't stop that..
Just concentrate on the positive side of things, and create something.

Or like I heard today: "Do you think Michael Jordan spends time writing negative youtube comments? "

Being negative is for losers, really.


Mr Niding

Posts 448
08 Dec 2019 10:21


eric gus wrote:

Whats interesting is most of the people complaining/biggest "haters" earn money in some way, shape or fashion around the old machines and/or the old hardware or fixing/repair/selling addons for it... if that goes away so will their revenue streams..
   
    As they used to say back in the old days "Follow the money" ..

Be that as it may, spending time on background research to build an argument against xyz negative players, is still a waste of time.
Focus on the positive aspects like Michael says, and leave the naysayers to their own echochambers.

And ignoring negativity isnt the same as ignoring constructive feedback.


Renaud Schweingruber
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 339
08 Dec 2019 10:25


Michael Borrmann wrote:
Or like I heard today: "Do you think Michael Jordan spends time writing negative youtube comments? "

I like that one very much :-)


Eric Gus

Posts 429
09 Dec 2019 07:19


Mr Niding wrote:

 
eric gus wrote:

  Whats interesting is most of the people complaining/biggest "haters" earn money in some way, shape or fashion around the old machines and/or the old hardware or fixing/repair/selling addons for it... if that goes away so will their revenue streams..
     
      As they used to say back in the old days "Follow the money" ..
 

 
 
  Be that as it may, spending time on background research to build an argument against xyz negative players, is still a waste of time.
  Focus on the positive aspects like Michael says, and leave the naysayers to their own echochambers.
 
  And ignoring negativity isnt the same as ignoring constructive feedback.

  I can assure you I spend no time doing such things.. lol.. wastes precious game playing time.  :-D  its more "observational" than anything else.
 


Chris Holzapfel

Posts 55
09 Dec 2019 09:37


Leave that igrnorants in their bubble.For me, I have killed my FB Account long ago. For good reasons. For my feeling today only people with serious issues have one.


Knight Stone

Posts 119
09 Dec 2019 20:12


I don't post much, but i ready just about everything, and there is good reason for it,

There is a flip side to what you say. It's true that there are people who are negative, and, as they have no part in the project, they have no right to decry the good work being done.

That being said, it's getting harder and harder to post on here without some of the syncophantic replies coming back. There seems to be a hardcore of posters, whose rhetoric is "You must not trouble the team, they are doing groundbreaking work, and we all love them, and think their backside is the major source for solar radiation". This is usually obvious after when anyone asks for an update on the AGA GOLD core, there is usually a "bashing" of another sort, "don't trouble the team, pick me as an Alpha tester!". People have a right to ask, they usually don't have the technical insight others have on here, or products news and knowledge, and besides, it's been over a year since there was an updated Core ... that said, i certainly dont condone that facebook thread, there are proper ways to discuss something.

i think i will go back to lurking.


Sean Sk

Posts 379
09 Dec 2019 21:40


Knight Stone wrote:

syncophantic... (sic)

         
God I hate this word. It is an overused word (often used incorrectly) by people who don't understand the fact that it's good manners to show appreciation for the hard work of others, and not a form of "sucking up". A "sycophant" is someone who praises another to gain a personal advantage. No one on this forum gains any sort of advantage by just being plain good old-fashioned nice to others, including those on the Apollo Team.
   
And, yes, people are encouraged not to bother the team on questions of release dates because they are worked off their "solar radiating" butts. :)

posts 12