Overview Features Instructions Performance Forum Downloads Products OrderV4 Reseller Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesDemosApolloVampireAROSWorkbenchATARIReleases
Documentation about the Vampire hardware

V500 2+ 2.1

Jamie Chapman

Posts 51
31 Oct 2019 13:27


Hi,
 
  I am being offered one of these for sale.  Is there any real downsides to this version above the power fix, digital output fix and missing ethernet module versus version 2.2 ?
 
  I take it there is no way to add ethernet to this version (not biggest problem for me)  but any other downsides should be aware of ?
 
  Thanks
 


Roy Gillotti

Posts 431
31 Oct 2019 13:52


Jamie Chapman wrote:

  Hi,
   
    I am being offered one of these for sale.  Is there any real downsides to this version above the power fix, digital output fix and missing ethernet module versus version 2.2 ?
   
    I take it there is no way to add ethernet to this version (not biggest problem for me)  but any other downsides should be aware of ?
   
    Thanks
   
 

 
  You can have ethernet through the SD card slot and the SDnet driver. you will need to source an micro SDcard breakout adapter of some form.

Edu Arana makes one.
EXTERNAL LINK 


Kresimir Lukin

Posts 65
31 Oct 2019 13:57


it is possible to have ethernet and through I/O port
EXTERNAL LINK


Roy Gillotti

Posts 431
31 Oct 2019 13:59


Kresimir Lukin wrote:

  it is possible to have ethernet and through I/O port
    EXTERNAL LINK   

  Oh yeah, That's were I access mine from, But does the 2.1 version have that port?


Kresimir Lukin

Posts 65
31 Oct 2019 14:01


Yes,I have 2.1


Jamie Chapman

Posts 51
31 Oct 2019 14:23


Ahh cool thanks for the info.  So a fixed 2.1 a good to buy as a 2.2 then  ?


Roy Gillotti

Posts 431
31 Oct 2019 15:21


Jamie Chapman wrote:

Ahh cool thanks for the info.  So a fixed 2.1 a good to buy as a 2.2 then  ?

Apparently I have a 2.1 as well, yeah I say it's a good buy. I didn't realize they added an additional port on later models.

posts 7