Overview Features Instructions Performance Forum Downloads Products Reseller Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.
VISIT APOLLO IRC CHANNEL



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesDemosApolloVampireCoffinReleasesLogin
Documentation about the Vampire hardware

Vampire 4 Standalone Mini ITX Case Mount

Manuel Jesus

Posts 135
29 Apr 2019 14:05


Hi folks here is a Vampire 4 SA M-ITX case mount for Vampire 4. Use easy to find standard PC cases with the upcoming V4.

EXTERNAL LINK 
EXTERNAL LINK


Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 1421
30 Apr 2019 10:21


Thats really nice and vastly improves case choices.

Will it be sold via dealers?


Daniel Sevo

Posts 270
30 Apr 2019 16:24


Vojin Vidanovic wrote:

Thats really nice and vastly improves case choices.
 
  Will it be sold via dealers?

So far it looks like its a print-ready model. You will likely be able to get it from thingyverse and print one yourself or get it from someone with a 3d printer, if you dont have one.
I don't really expect dealers to sell 3d printed stuff (they could but.. quality issues...) and you can be pretty sure there's not gonna be an injection molded versions of it because of low volume vs cost..


Barana V

Posts 49
30 Apr 2019 23:50


Thanks Manny,
  I have an idea Ive seen this on thingiverse recently ? I was printing out a 5pin din square.


Tim D

Posts 52
02 May 2019 08:15


I couldn't find it on Thingiverse (nor Shapeways).


Barana V

Posts 49
02 May 2019 10:58


Yeah, I was mistaken mixed it up with all the gotek stuff.


Mike Kopack

Posts 257
02 May 2019 12:05


Donít really see the point with this. Itís not going to line up in any way to allow access to the joystick or USB ports on any existing ITX case that I can tell..

But yeah I guess if you wanted to go this way it wouldnít be hard to duplicate the design and 3D print it.


Roy Gillotti

Posts 350
02 May 2019 13:50


Mike Kopack wrote:

  Donít really see the point with this. Itís not going to line up in any way to allow access to the joystick or USB ports on any existing ITX case that I can tell..
 
 

 
  Joystick ports and USB can be put to the front or back of an ITX case with panel mount extension cables.
 


Rob M

Posts 49
05 May 2019 18:23


Roy Gillotti wrote:

Mike Kopack wrote:

  Donít really see the point with this. Itís not going to line up in any way to allow access to the joystick or USB ports on any existing ITX case that I can tell..
   
 

 
  Joystick ports and USB can be put to the front or back of an ITX case with panel mount extension cables.
 

A 5.25" bay adapter would be nice since you can get panel mount extensions for all the other ports on the board.  It might cost a bit more for the extensions but it means use can fit the vampire in an existing PC or NG Amiga setup.  Further integration could be achieved with a capture card to route the display through a PC, it's a shame there are no suitable drivers for any of the NG operating systems.

I think the Vampire V4 has the same footprint as a 3.5" drive so I might have a go at the trickier option of mounting it in a 3.5" bay.


posts 9