Overview Features Instructions Performance Forum Downloads Products Reseller Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.
VISIT APOLLO IRC CHANNEL



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesDemosApolloVampireCoffinReleasesLogin
Documentation about the Vampire hardware

SD Card Problems

Scoopex 47

Posts 9
06 Feb 2019 18:01


i tryed 6 SD-Cards with 16-32Gb and everytime i´ve got:
SD Card Detection Error: 80  with sddiag. two of these cards were working with an other Vampire.
What could be the problem with my new Vampire V2 A600?


Andrew Miller

Posts 203
07 Feb 2019 07:20


I've never used an sd card so far, but I'd double check you have the most recent version of gold and SAGA drivers. If you've got that then someone will probably be round shortly with some help.


Roy Gillotti

Posts 350
07 Feb 2019 16:55


scoopex 47 wrote:

i tryed 6 SD-Cards with 16-32Gb and everytime i´ve got:
  SD Card Detection Error: 80  with sddiag. two of these cards were working with an other Vampire.
  What could be the problem with my new Vampire V2 A600?

With Coffin or your own OS?


Mike Kopack

Posts 257
07 Feb 2019 18:24


Well Iíll say that Iím not having much luck getting Coffin R54 to see and let me use a microSD in my Vampire 500 v2+.  Did the steps on the wiki to partition and format it (used FFS not PfS though). Managed to manually get it to mount once but never since.


Roy Gillotti

Posts 350
07 Feb 2019 18:51


Mike Kopack wrote:

Well Iíll say that Iím not having much luck getting Coffin R54 to see and let me use a microSD in my Vampire 500 v2+.  Did the steps on the wiki to partition and format it (used FFS not PfS though). Managed to manually get it to mount once but never since.

I think FFS and PFS should work, but I just use fat32, it's a good way of transfering files over, so I'm not 100% sure.


Roy Gillotti

Posts 350
07 Feb 2019 19:16


Also Just remembered the newer versions of Vcontrol has an SD card speed setting you can set. Maybe try a lower setting?


Scoopex 47

Posts 9
07 Feb 2019 19:44


tryed with, new install and new coffin and nothing works


Roy Gillotti

Posts 350
08 Feb 2019 14:34


scoopex 47 wrote:

tryed with, new install and new coffin and nothing works

And you tried the vcontrol SD speed settings?


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 4169
09 Feb 2019 11:49


Not easy to debug remotely.
Let me repeat what I understood.
You tested an SDCard in the SDCard slot.
Was it directly connected without extension cables?
This SDcard works with this filesystem in another Vamp?
You have the SDcard speed set to slow?

Cheers
Gunnar




Scoopex 47

Posts 9
10 Feb 2019 14:13


yes the SDcard was working fine with my old Vampire V2.0. I´ve tryed it without a extension cable an without and a few other SDcards. The SDcards were fresh formated with Windows.
the speed was set to slow, an i got always Connection error 80


Roy Gillotti

Posts 350
10 Feb 2019 20:15


scoopex 47 wrote:

yes the SDcard was working fine with my old Vampire V2.0. I´ve tryed it without a extension cable an without and a few other SDcards. The SDcards were fresh formated with Windows.
  the speed was set to slow, an i got always Connection error 80

Is it possible you damaged the Micro SD card socket when using that extension, remember reading here someone tried some brand of extension that broke his socket.

posts 11