Overview Features Instructions Performance Forum Downloads Products Reseller Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.
VISIT APOLLO IRC CHANNEL



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesDemosApolloVampireReleases
Documentation about the Vampire hardware

SDnet Setup

Michael Nurney

Posts 207
05 Jan 2018 16:10


Hi guys
 
  im having trouble getting the SDnet to work , so far i have..
 
  A500 vampire2
  SD adapter and Lan module
  One light active.
 
  So..
 
  Roadshow installed.
  sample config file (X-surf) copied to Netinterfaces from storage/Netinterfaces.
  File renamed SDnet and edited to use sdnet.device and saved.
 
  SDnet is using DHCP
 
  sagasd.device renames as both don't work together
 
  but ... no go
 
  Does anyone have the wiring diagram to check and am i setting this up right ?
 
  Cannot open sdnet.device on Unit0 error

Shownetstatus shows

Local host address- not configured
default gateway address - not configured
domain name system servers - 127.0.0.1

this could well be a roadshow error ?
 
 


Roy Gillotti

Posts 98
05 Jan 2018 19:24


michael nurney wrote:

Hi guys
   
    im having trouble getting the SDnet to work , so far i have..
   
    A500 vampire2
    SD adapter and Lan module
    One light active.
   
    So..
   
    Roadshow installed.
    sample config file (X-surf) copied to Netinterfaces from storage/Netinterfaces.
    File renamed SDnet and edited to use sdnet.device and saved.
   
    SDnet is using DHCP
   
    sagasd.device renames as both don't work together
   
    but ... no go
   
    Does anyone have the wiring diagram to check and am i setting this up right ?
   
    Cannot open sdnet.device on Unit0 error
 
  Shownetstatus shows
 
  Local host address- not configured
  default gateway address - not configured
  domain name system servers - 127.0.0.1
 
  this could well be a roadshow error ?
   
   

Well I'm currently at work, but If no one else does before I get home, I can share their working SDNet file. Also I heard from another user not every Ethernet module while functionally the same has the same header pinout so there may be some difference there.

The only official diagram I saw was in text bundled in the readme of the SDNET release: CLICK HERE 


Matthew Langtry

Posts 72
05 Jan 2018 20:50


is only red power light active?

should get network green light blinking if connected to router


Matthew Langtry

Posts 72
05 Jan 2018 20:52


----------------------                      ENC28J60
    |  8  ----
    |  7  ----          SO  --------------------  SO
    |  6 -----          GND  --------------------  GND
    |  5  ----          SCK  --------------------  SCK
    |  4 -----        +3.3V  ------  +3.3V  -----  VCC (see below)
    |  3  ----          SI  --------------------  SI
    |  2  ----          /CS  --------------------  /CS
    |  1  ----        /INT  --  __________  -- /INT
    ------    -------------    \_| 3.3 kOhm |_/
 
 
  mine doesn't have 3.3 k ohm resistor between int s which i gave you mike.
 


Michael Nurney

Posts 207
06 Jan 2018 19:42


Working now guys ... needed to reinstall Apollo OS.

Using Google now...


Roy Gillotti

Posts 98
07 Jan 2018 00:26


michael nurney wrote:

Working now guys ... needed to reinstall Apollo OS.
 
  Using Google now...

Nice!


Matthew Langtry

Posts 72
07 Jan 2018 08:20


my new one dead though, dead Ethernet module though, ordered new one


Matthew Langtry

Posts 72
07 Jan 2018 10:23


#these are steps used in roadshow tcip stack

so the beginning steps are make sure ethernet module are wired correctly.
 
  Disable Sagasd.device, i do this by renaming it sagasd.backup then if i wish can renable and use sdmount.
 
  create sdnet file in net-interfaces in storage
 
  reboot with sdnet connected and connected to net double click on sdnet in storage net interfaces.
 
  then can go to net with browser or other net application and enjoy browsing with sdnet


Matthew Langtry

Posts 72
07 Jan 2018 10:24


Matthew Langtry wrote:

  ----------------------                      ENC28J60
      |  8  ----
      |  7  ----          SO  --------------------  SO
      |  6 -----          GND  --------------------  GND
      |  5  ----          SCK  --------------------  SCK
      |  4 -----        +3.3V  ------  +3.3V  -----  VCC (see below)
      |  3  ----          SI  --------------------  SI
      |  2  ----          /CS  --------------------  /CS
      |  1  ----        /INT  --  __________  -- /INT
      ------    -------------    \_| 3.3 kOhm |_/
   
   
    mine doesn't have 3.3 k ohm resistor between int s which i gave you mike.
   
 

what is the 3.3k ohm resistor for mike n's doesn't have it and works fine
 


Chris Dennett

Posts 45
07 Jan 2018 13:29


Isn't it to stop it from creating a shortcircuit/overloading on hotplugging a SDIO device


Henryk Richter

Posts 51
10 Jan 2018 07:15


Indeed, the 3.3 kOhm resistor is placed there to avoid short circuits. When both, the connected module and the SDIO port of the Vampire are  configured to OUTPUT mode and have a different state, then you get potential trouble (minor pun intended) on the line.

If in doubt, keep the /INT connection open. The current driver will work just fine without the /INT signal, anyway.

posts 11