Overview Features Coding ApolloOS Performance Forum Downloads Products Order Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.
Please visit our Apollo-Discord Server for support.



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesDemosApolloVampireAROSWorkbenchATARIReleases
Information about the Apollo CPU and FPU.

RiVA 0.59 Stürzt Abpage  1 2 

Kristof C.

Posts 52
20 Sep 2023 19:08


Ich habe mir wieder Coffin R.62 installiert. Da die installierte RiVA 0.57 nicht richtig funktionierte habe ich mir die neue 0.59 von hier heruntergeladen.
Sobald ich ein Video aus dem "MyFiles" Verzeichnis lade friert das System ein startet neu und gibt eine Guru Meditation.

Es ist ein Vanilla Coffin R.62 ohne irgend welche Modifikation. 

Jemand eine Idee waren das Problem liegen könnte? Vielleicht verträgt sich das Programm mit irgend etwas nicht?


John William

Posts 563
20 Sep 2023 20:31


Kristof C. wrote:

Ich habe mir wieder Coffin R.62 installiert. Da die installierte RiVA 0.57 nicht richtig funktionierte habe ich mir die neue 0.59 von hier heruntergeladen.
  Sobald ich ein Video aus dem "MyFiles" Verzeichnis lade friert das System ein startet neu und gibt eine Guru Meditation.
 
  Es ist ein Vanilla Coffin R.62 ohne irgend welche Modifikation. 
 
  Jemand eine Idee waren das Problem liegen könnte? Vielleicht verträgt sich das Programm mit irgend etwas nicht?

-Ppphhheewww-...here I thought the reason why system is freezing and crashing frenzy because of hardware thing, but all along it is Coffin thing.

Thank you @Kristof C. for making my day. I feel happy now.


Roger Andre Lassen

Posts 150
20 Sep 2023 20:56


English please !


Kristof C.

Posts 52
20 Sep 2023 21:28


John William wrote:

Kristof C. wrote:

  Ich habe mir wieder Coffin R.62 installiert. Da die installierte RiVA 0.57 nicht richtig funktionierte habe ich mir die neue 0.59 von hier heruntergeladen.
  Sobald ich ein Video aus dem "MyFiles" Verzeichnis lade friert das System ein startet neu und gibt eine Guru Meditation.
 
  Es ist ein Vanilla Coffin R.62 ohne irgend welche Modifikation. 
 
  Jemand eine Idee waren das Problem liegen könnte? Vielleicht verträgt sich das Programm mit irgend etwas nicht?
 

 
 
  -Ppphhheewww-...here I thought the reason why system is freezing and crashing frenzy because of hardware thing, but all along it is Coffin thing.
 
  Thank you @Kristof C. for making my day. I feel happy now.

:-)


John William

Posts 563
21 Sep 2023 00:58


I think the reason why coffin is always ....finicky is because the core engine of coffin is classicWB. ClassicWB is not...that...good. Now...I would jump ships if he can make the main core of coffin OS 3.9 or OS 3.2.1.


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 6220
21 Sep 2023 03:14


Kristof C. wrote:

  Ich habe mir wieder Coffin R.62 installiert. Da die installierte RiVA 0.57 nicht richtig funktionierte habe ich mir die neue 0.59 von hier heruntergeladen.
 

Warum 0.59?

Die aktuelle Riva version von unserer Downloadseite ist 0.60
The current Riva version from our Download page is 0.60


John William

Posts 563
21 Sep 2023 03:26


I downloaded 0.60 from the website here in apollo but when I run it in coffin it says: 0.59.


Kristof C.

Posts 52
21 Sep 2023 05:21


Bei mir auch.

Unter Apollo OS war es das gleiche.


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 6220
21 Sep 2023 06:58


Kristof C. wrote:

Bei mir auch.
   
Unter Apollo OS war es das gleiche.

 
Hallo das Forum ist eigentlich "Englisch".
Für nicht Englischsprecher gibt es extra einen deutschen Kanal im Discord.
 
You know this forum actually "english"
For non english speakers we do have special "German only Discord channel".
 
 
Can you tell me which video does crash for you?
How do you launch the video?
Do you launch it by double click the icon of the video file?


Kristof C.

Posts 52
21 Sep 2023 08:12


The problem always exists. It doesn't matter if I start the video via an icon or if I start RIVA first and I select a video file.


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 6220
21 Sep 2023 08:17


Kristof C. wrote:

  The problem always exists. It doesn't matter if I start the video via an icon or if I start RIVA first and I select a video file.
 

 
Please help me understand.  Lets say you use stock ApolloOS 9.4 with the Riva coming with it. If you click personal/Video/Clips/TheDuckSong
 
What exactly happens?
 
Thanks in advance


Kristof C.

Posts 52
21 Sep 2023 08:31


The video is distorted. The old RIVA 0.57 is also installed. I download the current version from here, it's called RIVA-060 and start some video with it, the system freezes. The computer restarts with a guru meditation. RIVA specifies the version as 0.59.


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 6220
21 Sep 2023 09:15


Kristof C. wrote:

The video is distorted. The old RIVA 0.57 is also installed. I download the current version from here, it's called RIVA-060 and start some video with it, the system freezes. The computer restarts with a guru meditation. RIVA specifies the version as 0.59.

I think we are mixing up topics here.
Lets look at them step by step.

My question was about ApolloOS 9.4, on ApolloOS Riva should just work fine out of the box. Do you agree with this?

The older Coffin comes also with an old buggy RIVA version.
That the older Coffin has issues is known.

So lets try to clear this up.
Does Video on ApolloOS work fine for you?




Kristof C.

Posts 52
21 Sep 2023 09:24


Yeah it works.

Now i installed OS 3.2.2.1 with BootSolo on my CF Card. Riva 0.59 works there also fine. The issue seems to be only on coffin r62


Kristof C.

Posts 52
21 Sep 2023 09:25


The new riva crashes on coffin r.62 not the old one.


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 6220
21 Sep 2023 10:09


Kristof C. wrote:

The new riva crashes on coffin r.62 not the old one.

Many people find it very confusing that Coffin 62 is possessed by a demon. This demon will move files around behind your back and overwrite files in the background.

Are you aware of what I mean?


Kristof C.

Posts 52
21 Sep 2023 10:31


There are too many things installed in Coffin R.62. A lot of patches. In the "S" folder there are a lot of scripts running. WBStartup is packed with programs that I don't know yet despite 30 years of Amiga experience. There are a lot of things happening that shouldn't happen. Therefore, I prefer OS 3.2.2.1. The operating system is so very slim and works.


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 6220
21 Sep 2023 10:35


Kristof C. wrote:

  The operating system is so very slim and works.
 

 
Haha, but is this not like comparing
1 empty piece of paper, with the bible with thousands of pages of content?

Dont you compare here 6 MB with 32000 MB of software?
Can the 6 MB install surf the internet, play Mpeg videos, play MP3, and run Photoshop, or run DOS games, can it compile Amiga demos, or compose Mod music?
No it can not do anything of this, right?
 
You compare a jack of all trades full install which comes with nearly every software made for Amiga - with a total empty bottle which comes naked without any software at all - and is in this "naked" state nearly totally unusable for anything.
 
While I fully agree with you that Coffin runs a little bit to many Commedities on boot - this comparison makes not much sense.
Coffin comes with a lot of very good and useful stuff - and saves you many day time of installing this by hand yourself.

I would love if Coffin would have a few less eye candy started at launch - but turning this off takes me only minutes. While it saves me days and weeks of installing all the good stuff it has.


Kristof C.

Posts 52
21 Sep 2023 11:02


I am in the process of installing the essential programs after. Programs I know. Likewise WHDLOAD games and demos. That's 15GB of content. Coffin is a great success. But sometimes less would be more.


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 6220
21 Sep 2023 12:27


Kristof C. wrote:

But sometimes less would be more.

I agree ... but I think this is easier to say than to do.

I see this with our own users ...
Many users come to us with a special wish like : "Can you add a program for XYZ to ApolloOS?"

posts 28page  1 2