Overview Features Coding Performance Forum Downloads Products OrderV4 Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesDemosApolloVampireAROSWorkbenchATARIReleases
Running Games and Apps.

New Amiga Game Development From Apollo-Teampage  1 2 

Arne von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 45
26 Apr 2022 16:32


Remake of the famous Amiga Menace
Featuring: high resolution, super smooth 50 fps scrolling, 24bit truecolour, 3 playfields, 16bit CD quality audio, dual player
   



Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 5762
26 Apr 2022 16:53


The goal of the Apollo-Team is to revive Amiga.
Games are an important part of Amiga.
 
And therefore we want to revive and polish one of the true Amiga game classics "Menace".
 
We started this week with coding of a polished Deluxe Version of the game. You see here what we coded in this week.

 
Features:
  * classic Amiga original game play
  * true smooth 50 FPS scrolling
  * High resolution
  * truecolor with alpha blending
  * dual player cooperate fun
  * stereo 16bit music in combination with 16bit game soundFx in CD-quality

 
The full game is planned to have all 6 original levels.
Huge animated end bosses.
The game will use over200 MB memory and does require 68080 CPU and Super AGA chipset.

You can download the current game preview from here
CLICK HERE 

The game will be commercial but we do publish the sources including  all data files for the 1st level to allow people to compile the game and to learn how to code for Amiga and SAGA.




Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 5762
01 May 2022 15:51


Here is the latest demo EXE

CLICK HERE 

Features:

* 7 different layer of background playfield scroller
* Middle playfield
* Front playfield
* 3 simultaneous players
* Huge animated End-boss
* 24/32bit Truecolor


Maurizio Tirone

Posts 54
02 May 2022 08:04


Obviously congratulations to little ERNE for the work done.
  A couple of questions:
  1) Could it work on V1200?
  2) Starting from this game engine used for MENACE, would a new shooter with different graphics and sound be possible?
  Thanks and keep it up ...


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 5762
02 May 2022 10:11


Hello Maurizio
 
Maurizio Tirone wrote:

Obviously congratulations to little ERNE for the work done.
A couple of questions:
1) Could it work on V1200?

 
Yes, in fact we discussed this with the V2 users in our Discord channel.

Yes with three changes the Apollo Menace game can also run on all V2 cards too. This means it can run on V500, V600 and V1200.

1) The audio quality for the V2 version would not of course not be 16bit as on the V4.
2) The V4 cards support up to 4 joysticks, will support 3 player mode. The V2 will only support 2 players
3) The V2 card will need to reload from disk between intro and levels, while the V4 can preload and not need reload in game.
   
 
 
 
Maurizio Tirone wrote:

    2) Starting from this game engine used for MENACE, would a new shooter with different graphics and sound be possible?
    Thanks and keep it up ...
 

 
Yes you are right.
 
You can easily use the same game engine for a Deluxe R-Type, a Deluxe Apidya, or Deluxe X-out game.
 
 


Kevin Saunders
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 45
02 May 2022 10:33


Great to be part of this project with both Gunnar and Arne, both talented coders.

@Maurizio first is enhancing Menace a great classic Amiga game, but then the engine will be used for at least 6 levels of brand new graphics and sound/level design.  With lots of discussion we wanted to include ever possible vampire with the exception of 16bit audio for example.


Tommo Noorduin

Posts 93
02 May 2022 19:20


Gunnar von Boehn wrote:

...We do publish the sources including  all data files for the 1st level to allow people to compile the game and to learn how to code for Amiga and SAGA.




Maurizio Tirone

Posts 54
03 May 2022 09:09


Perfect!
I am delighted to know that there will be a V1200 version of MENACE as well as to know that something new will be born from it.
A copy is already reserved from ITALY!


Ivan Richardson II

Posts 6
03 May 2022 22:27


Congratulations to Gunnar and Arne on their new game demo!  Are there any plans to showcase this in a future Amiga Schooling session?  Are there any plans to bring Amiga Schooling back?


Robert Pulfer-Ridings

Posts 59
04 May 2022 05:10


After playing this last night for awhile I was quite impressed! Is there away to have some scanlines and a larger screen area?

I'm a huge scanline fan :)


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 5762
04 May 2022 05:43


Ivan Richardson II wrote:

Congratulations to Gunnar and Arne on their new game demo!  Are there any plans to showcase this in a future Amiga Schooling session?  Are there any plans to bring Amiga Schooling back?

Hello Ivan,

Yes explaining the game code in detail is planned to do in our online programming courses "Amiga Homeschooling". We will probably need this month to finish the game coding. Then we want to restart the Home schooling and will discuss all routines.


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 5762
04 May 2022 19:18


New Demo Version




Maurizio Tirone

Posts 54
04 May 2022 20:46


Wow! Parallax animated multilayer ...


Ivan Richardson II

Posts 6
06 May 2022 07:22


That's great, Gunnar!  I eagerly look forward to it!!


Ivan Richardson II

Posts 6
06 May 2022 07:24


Gunnar von Boehn wrote:

Ivan Richardson II wrote:

  Congratulations to Gunnar and Arne on their new game demo!  Are there any plans to showcase this in a future Amiga Schooling session?  Are there any plans to bring Amiga Schooling back?
 

  Hello Ivan,
 
  Yes explaining the game code in detail is planned to do in our online programming courses "Amiga Homeschooling". We will probably need this month to finish the game coding. Then we want to restart the Home schooling and will discuss all routines.

That's great, Gunnar!  I eagerly look forward to the restart of Amiga Homeschooling!!


Steve Hodson

Posts 26
09 May 2022 21:06


This is great, nice work.

What is the resolution - 640x360 or higher?


Kevin Saunders
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 45
10 May 2022 05:49


Hi Steve yes its 640x360 :)


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 5762
18 May 2022 12:39


Some game update, here "First Level Boss Stage"



Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 5762
07 Jun 2022 09:08


Game Update as developed on the Amiga Ouf Party




Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 5762
08 Jun 2022 19:07


Game Demo new update 109
 


posts 21page  1 2