Overview Features Instructions Performance Forum Downloads Products Reseller Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.
VISIT APOLLO IRC CHANNEL



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesDemosApolloVampireCoffinReleasesLogin
Running Games and Apps.

Metro Siegepage  1 2 

Claudio Guglielmotti
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 170
30 Aug 2019 14:18


Seems we will have another nice games, not only for vampire.
Here is a new "Final Fight" like game:

EXTERNAL LINK


Lord Aga
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 93
30 Aug 2019 14:26


Very promising :)
Would like to see it happen, definitely.


Roy Gillotti

Posts 350
30 Aug 2019 14:35


Looking forward to this!


Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 1427
30 Aug 2019 17:38


Love the beat em up style since Speccys revenge. Check double dragon Neon for how it can be retro and modern.
Thanks


Adam A

Posts 63
30 Aug 2019 18:35


The moment i read your post i was like " yeah ok another final fight ripp off"

But the moment i watched the video, I was really surprised by how good the game looks like, music is amazing, the pixel art is great, looks like they started where final fight has stopped.  I hope games like these will get more people into the Amiga platform




Roy Gillotti

Posts 350
30 Aug 2019 19:18


Adam  A wrote:

The moment i read your post i was like " yeah ok another final fight ripp off"
 
 
  But the moment i watched the video, I was really surprised by how good the game looks like, music is amazing, the pixel art is great, looks like they started where final fight has stopped.  I ho Gpe games like these will get more people into the Amiga platform
 
 

Has sort of a mesh between Final Fight and Streets of Rage feel.



Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 1427
30 Aug 2019 21:49


Metro Siege: a new Amiga 500 brawler!
  Three big crime lords have made a pact and are planning to take control of Metro City bringing chaos and anarchy to the streets! Assume the role of pro martial artist Alex, ex-cop Kim and a third -secret- character, cleanse the streets from the crime syndicate's thugs and face the three bosses in an epic fight throughout the city!
 
  This project is made in cooperation with BeatBeamCannon and Enable Software and it's currently a work in progress. Are you ready for the ultimate Amiga brawler?
 
 
 
      Featuring:
 
  Optimised for 1mb Amiga 500 (512k chip+512 other ram)
  Foreground and background parallax!
  Over 60 colors on screen!
  Arcade quality pixel art, sound and gameplay!
  Multibutton joystick and joypad support!
  2 player co-op!
  Sophisticated combat with dozens of moves, including dodging, blocking and counter-attacks!

Hope some Vampire edit can be done, more effects, more colours, more parallax!
More 16-bit music, and whatever you can steal from DD Neon, incl. sense of humor :)
EXTERNAL LINK


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 4174
31 Aug 2019 07:33


This game looks impressive.
Kudos for the people doing it.



Richard Gatineau

Posts 54
31 Aug 2019 18:45


I have seen that. Really promissing and show what the Amiga can do without extra accelerator when skilled peoples program it. Sure it is WIP and missing many gameplay interactions, but yeah, the Amiga can have its "Street Of Rage" like game. Kudos!


Markus B

Posts 101
01 Sep 2019 16:20


Are all versions the same or more detailed on modern hardware?


Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 1427
01 Sep 2019 17:11


It seems its focused on A500 OCS 1MB - so thats it!
 
  But compared even to what I have played on A1200 020/28Mhz 4MB it looks great, and most of all, playable. When I remember "great" AGA Rise of Robots - its not all in well rendered gfx. Sound, action and nice parallax! Like it started in Amiga/Arcade era with Double Dragons and moved to Pit Fighter, Cadillac and Dinosaur etc.
 
  Surely, "Enhanced 030-080 AGA/RTG" version would be great to see, but would buy this one also :)


Richard Gatineau

Posts 54
01 Sep 2019 19:10


Why an accelerated CPU version? Wil a RTG version? Hey, remember an Amiga is not a PC!
A good 2D game have to use a stock machine to be well optimized for it. (1MB is a standard)
Be proud of that. Peoples coding amazing demo and games to remember us what is Amiga!


Robert Markus

Posts 9
02 Sep 2019 14:56


A500 standard is 512K
  A1200 standard is 2M and AGA
  A3000/4000 standard is 68030+ with fast ram.
  My A1200 had PPC+040 and RTG in the 20 years ago, I would like to remember for that :)
  You are right Peoples coding amazing things, but there is a lack of games which shows Amigas capabilities which has better hardware than A500.
 


Richard Gatineau

Posts 54
02 Sep 2019 18:00


All peoples using an A500 own a 512K RAM + RTC expansion to play great games since the 80s. The A500+ (and more) came with that by default next. 68000 + 1MB is the Amiga ECS standard.
   
I have owned a 060, next a PPC/040/RTG and it is just useless for 16bit styled games. Probably fine to try to run some 3D games, but I really don't care and sold all for a PC instead to have more content.
 
Now the 68080+SAGA is expected to be a new standard, I'm happy to see arcade emulators to do this "16-bit" games job and new projects dedicated for this expansion.


Michael Borrmann

Posts 94
02 Sep 2019 18:57


Robert Markus wrote:

A500 standard is 512K
  A1200 standard is 2M and AGA
  A3000/4000 standard is 68030+ with fast ram.
  My A1200 had PPC+040 and RTG in the 20 years ago, I would like to remember for that :)
  You are right Peoples coding amazing things, but there is a lack of games which shows Amigas capabilities which has better hardware than A500.

So maybe it's your path now to produce/create that amazing Amiga game for these machines... Be the change... ;)



Robert Markus

Posts 9
02 Sep 2019 21:50


Michael Borrmann wrote:

Robert Markus wrote:

  A500 standard is 512K
    A1200 standard is 2M and AGA
    A3000/4000 standard is 68030+ with fast ram.
    My A1200 had PPC+040 and RTG in the 20 years ago, I would like to remember for that :)
    You are right Peoples coding amazing things, but there is a lack of games which shows Amigas capabilities which has better hardware than A500.
 

  So maybe it's your path now to produce/create that amazing Amiga game for these machines... Be the change... ;)
 

If I had time I would do it :)



Michael Borrmann

Posts 94
04 Sep 2019 07:50


Robert Markus wrote:

Michael Borrmann wrote:

 
Robert Markus wrote:

  A500 standard is 512K
    A1200 standard is 2M and AGA
    A3000/4000 standard is 68030+ with fast ram.
    My A1200 had PPC+040 and RTG in the 20 years ago, I would like to remember for that :)
    You are right Peoples coding amazing things, but there is a lack of games which shows Amigas capabilities which has better hardware than A500.
 

  So maybe it's your path now to produce/create that amazing Amiga game for these machines... Be the change... ;)
 
 

 
  If I had time I would do it :)
 

Creating something that uses these capabilities is

1) a lot more work, since you need vastly higher quality assets
2) in a way more boring, since it doesn't use the custom chips

In the end, in our little scene it doesn't help wondering why stuff doesn't happen if you don't do it yourself...



Saladriel Amrael

Posts 115
04 Sep 2019 11:41


Nothing stops from creating something that uses the 030+CPU power, 8+MB RAM and bangs the HW on AGA

A more powerful CPU can be used in many ways:
-More complex enemy behaviours and game mechanics
-GFX and SFX data streaming from HDD to RAM as game progress
-Rotation-Zoom effects on sprites/bobs before passing them to the Chipset
-Pre Mixing of multiple SFX on the same audio channel before passing the data to Paula
-Coadiuvating Blitter on screen drawing
-Mixing Bitmap and Vector GFX (GE: using 1Bitplane vector masks to simulate real time lighting/shadowing, using plane mapping to simulate cool parallax or perspective effects, ecc...)

I think all those things can be very cool and fun to program




Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 1427
04 Sep 2019 12:22


Agreed, but let the A500 game be and prosper.

Its sales might inspire, coupled with Vamp SA/1200 spread. OCS market (incl. AGA) is currently bigger, but that might change.

Would love to see some future Vamp game that would match
Double Dragon Neon - effects, evasion, more 2 player interaction, modernized but retro music, humour, range of enemies of bosses, several difficulties, mixtape system of powers. Its 2D and most modern :)

It used hand-drawn gfx e.g. Merian (the girl the fight is all about, a bit better then rescuing Madonna in 1988 Vigilante
EXTERNAL LINK 


Michael Borrmann

Posts 94
04 Sep 2019 16:29


Saladriel Amrael wrote:

Nothing stops from creating something that uses the 030+CPU power, 8+MB RAM and bangs the HW on AGA
 
  A more powerful CPU can be used in many ways:
  -More complex enemy behaviours and game mechanics
  -GFX and SFX data streaming from HDD to RAM as game progress
  -Rotation-Zoom effects on sprites/bobs before passing them to the Chipset
  -Pre Mixing of multiple SFX on the same audio channel before passing the data to Paula
  -Coadiuvating Blitter on screen drawing
  -Mixing Bitmap and Vector GFX (GE: using 1Bitplane vector masks to simulate real time lighting/shadowing, using plane mapping to simulate cool parallax or perspective effects, ecc...)
 
  I think all those things can be very cool and fun to program

When can I play your game using all these effects? :)

posts 28page  1 2