|NovaCoders new brainchild or port|
Amiga 68k port of Exult.
As computers evolve, we risk losing classic games from the not-so-distant past.
One of these, Ultima 7, an RPG from the early 1990's, still has a huge
following, and many consider it to be one of the most immersive games ever
produced. Exult is a project to recreate Ultima 7 for modern operating systems,
using the game's original plot, data, and graphics files.
1) An RTG Amiga with a fast 68040 processor
2) AHI installed (v4.18 recommended)
3) 3.1 ROMS (3.0 ROMS may cause it to run slowly)
4) A copy of the PC game data files
* RTG SDL port
* MIDI support
* AHI Sound support
* OGG compressed audio support
The tooltype 'CLOSE_WB' can be used to close the Workbench (3.1 ROMS
You must run Exult from the WB, running from the Shell is not supported.
The AHI device used will be the one configured in your AHI Prefs (Unit 0).
You will need to install the CAMD library if you want to use an external MIDI
The default game data install directories are 'Work:Exult/serpentisle' and
If you decide to use different game data directories then you'll need to update
the 'exult.cfg' file to match.
You set the thread priority of both the AHI device and the MIDI device using the
1) If you have a Blizzard/Apollo you should really be using BlizKick/RemApollo
to get most speed out of your Amiga.
2) Fast File System is actually really slow, use PFS3 instead.
3) Stick with v4.18 of AHI as the later versions without the 'FAST' modes are