Overview Features Instructions Performance Forum Downloads Products Reseller Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.
VISIT APOLLO IRC CHANNEL



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesApolloVampireReleases
The team will post updates and news here

Teaser : SAGA PLANAR AMIGA Modespage  1 2 3 4 5 

Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 2618
13 Mar 2017 15:39


The magnificent Flype did a nice teaser video:
 
EXTERNAL LINK   
You see here SAGA giving out an AMIGA PLANAR screen.
 
On the left TV you see the original A600 SCART AMIGAs PAL signal.
On the right Monitor you see the same screen done by SAGA on HDMI in 1024x768.
 



Neil 8bitplus

Posts 9
13 Mar 2017 16:00


Apollo Team are the new Amiga Gurus!
Great work.

How far down the road-map would this be? Gold4?


Thomas Blatt

Posts 26
13 Mar 2017 16:51


Looks good


Michal Warzecha

Posts 159
13 Mar 2017 18:04


Is that mean I can run Prehistorik in 1024x768? :D


OneSTone O2o

Posts 100
13 Mar 2017 19:00


Does it support all types of amiga typical hardware acceleration, like copper, blitter, and so on?


Martin Soerensen

Posts 75
14 Mar 2017 08:36


Eventually that is probably the plan, however since this is still very early work, my guess is some features of the original chipset are still missing.

But it does look great though. Can't wait to try it out myself. Even without copper/blitter, just being able to use programs like Sysinfo/AIBB/X-Copy etc. through HDMI would be very useful, but of course having full AGA compatibility would be optimal so it will work properly with all games as well. :)


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 2618
15 Mar 2017 12:52


Lets clear up the riddle.

What you see is the AGA PLANAR mode of SAGA.
We are right now testing it on WB.

SAGA combines the orignal AMIGA AGA chipset with
always wanted features liek 8bit Chunky, 15bit Chunky, 16bit Chunky
, 24bit Chunky, 32bit Chunky.
But SAGA offers more. SAGA also provides ATARI screenmodes. NEO-GEO colors modes, and much more.

And SAGA combines this in a TRUE AMIGA fashion.
So that the COPPER can control all these modes in real AMIGA style.
SAGA is AMIGA done right.

But before you get too excited.
We are testing SAGA compatibility one be one.
This will take time.
For 100% GAME compatiblity we recommend today to use the PARASITE.


Wawa T

Posts 359
15 Mar 2017 13:53


looking great. always kinda liked the color reduced desktops. especially at something like superhighres interlace, my lcd tv could handle actually flicker free. the limit was chip ram amount. i think its a non issue with saga. really good move.


Eric Gus

Posts 56
15 Mar 2017 18:03


Gunnar von Boehn wrote:

Lets clear up the riddle.
 
  What you see is the AGA PLANAR mode of SAGA.
  We are right now testing it on WB.
 

Will this work on NON AGA machines, like the A500, A600 ? or will this AGA mode not be available, and how does that fit in with the PARASITE if the host machine is only OCS/ECS..?


Samuel Crow
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 213
15 Mar 2017 18:14


eric gus wrote:

  Will this work on NON AGA machines, like the A500, A600 ? or will this AGA mode not be available, and how does that fit in with the PARASITE if the host machine is only OCS/ECS..?
 

  SAGA will work on Vampires for the 600/500/1000/2000 with full capabilities including AGA when complete.  Parasaite still uses the internal chipset and therefore only scandoubles ECS/OCS.


Eric Gus

Posts 56
15 Mar 2017 19:01


Samuel Crow wrote:

eric gus wrote:

  Will this work on NON AGA machines, like the A500, A600 ? or will this AGA mode not be available, and how does that fit in with the PARASITE if the host machine is only OCS/ECS..?
 

  SAGA will work on Vampires for the 600/500/1000/2000 with full capabilities including AGA when complete.  Parasaite still uses the internal chipset and therefore only scandoubles ECS/OCS.

Ok thanks I think that mostly clears it up, I guess as more details emerge it will be clearer .. but as I understand it, even without native AGA support you can still run AGA software in SAGA AGA Planar mode, its just the parasite gives you a more responsive? display best suited for games? that right?



Samuel Crow
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 213
15 Mar 2017 19:09


eric gus wrote:
Ok thanks I think that mostly clears it up, I guess as more details emerge it will be clearer .. but as I understand it, even without native AGA support you can still run AGA software in SAGA AGA Planar mode, its just the parasite gives you a more responsive? display best suited for games? that right?

They should both work for games.  The issue isn't responsiveness because both are responsive.  It's just that the AGA chipset compatibility won't be fully incorporated in SAGA for quite some time yet while Parasaite will be available sooner.  Once SAGA is complete, the Parasite will not be necessary.


Eric Gus

Posts 56
15 Mar 2017 21:36


Perfect! thanks .. I totally get it now..

{now (im)patiently waits for my V500 purchase notification email....}


Carlos Milán

Posts 30
15 Mar 2017 22:39


Amazing work guys! I can't wait to boost the 600 with AGA, but I know testing and fixing things take time, so I will wait patiently. The Vampire is the best Amiga purchase ever.


Luc Starr

Posts 2
15 Mar 2017 23:02


Agnus's blitter was faster than a 7Mhz 68000 but got overtaken by later 68K's. How does the speed of the SAGA blitter compare with the 68080?


Manuel Jesus

Posts 63
15 Mar 2017 23:55


It has an official logo.

EXTERNAL LINK


M Rickan

Posts 76
16 Mar 2017 02:36


Any ballpark on pricing and availability?



Crow Mohikan

Posts 30
16 Mar 2017 06:14


Soo I see Vampire 1200 in action . Right? :)
Now the road to Vampire4000 plz :)


Thierry Atheist

Posts 382
16 Mar 2017 11:56


You are making a continually bigger group of people very VERY happy!


Eric Gus

Posts 56
17 Mar 2017 03:30


crow mohikan wrote:

Soo I see Vampire 1200 in action . Right? :)
  Now the road to Vampire4000 plz :)

Lets hope its Vampire 3000/4000 .. the 3000's get very little love and they could so desperately use what the vampire brings to the party.

posts 94page  1 2 3 4 5