Overview Features Instructions Performance Forum Downloads Products OrderV4 Reseller Contact

Welcome to the Apollo Forum

This forum is for people interested in the APOLLO CPU.
Please read the forum usage manual.



All TopicsNewsPerformanceGamesDemosApolloVampireAROSWorkbenchATARIReleases
The team will post updates and news here

Vampire On the Wikipediapage  1 2 

Michal Pietal

Posts 136
14 Dec 2019 09:19


Not sure if it fits this category.

Yesterday I read the Wikipedia articles concerning Amiga in general.  I noticed shortage of Vampire and V4SA in particular.  Hence added a sentence or two, in the following articles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimig#Similar_projects

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiga_models_and_variants#Other_AmigaOS_compatible_computers

If someone has enough time and one's English polished enough, it is worth mentioning the Vampire and the Standalone, since it's already out.  A separate article maybe?


Igor Majstorovic
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 356
14 Dec 2019 15:02


I m not the fan of self promotions and surely nowdays wiki can be used for that. I was surprised and proud to see there that we are mentioned there. I like to think that good project and info about it will find a way on its own. It is against my principles to write words of glory for something I participate in on the media like Wikipedia become.


Michal Pietal

Posts 136
14 Dec 2019 15:44


Even if this is well deserved?


David Wright

Posts 356
14 Dec 2019 16:22


If you promote your product by stating itís good features, well thatís not writing words of glory. Not doing so can be a form of displaying undo pride also.

Nobody will accuse you of being a shameless Steve Jobs.


Igor Majstorovic
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 356
14 Dec 2019 16:41


I won't do it, some retro enthusiast will do it probably when time comes. No matter Wiki but did you see Vampire cards listed on any Amiga hardware database website? No? Makes me wonder why? Other upgrades for Amiga who were done much later than any of Vampire accelerators is listed on those databases but yet, no Vampire cards there. This is more confusing than info on Wiki.


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 4969
14 Dec 2019 16:50


igor majstorovic wrote:

Makes me wonder why?

While Dave Haynie loves you for reviving AMIGA,
for some people you are enemy number one - as you disturb some peoples kingdoms.




Stefano Briccolani

Posts 512
14 Dec 2019 18:09


Not only Dave Hayne. Almost all vampire users loves Igor's work. The new v1200 and v4 efforts will change things forever on Amigaland.


Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 1731
14 Dec 2019 20:42


Most critical info and links From apollo Wiki should be summarized.
 
  I could Help
  Spring&summer 2020. Wiki user:rastavox

On majstas Work on 600 and 1200: we need v1200 world premiere ... And ... IGORE MAJSTORE :-) shouts


Hugo Pereira

Posts 55
14 Dec 2019 22:42


igor majstorovic wrote:

I won't do it, some retro enthusiast will do it probably when time comes. No matter Wiki but did you see Vampire cards listed on any Amiga hardware database website? No? Makes me wonder why? Other upgrades for Amiga who were done much later than any of Vampire accelerators is listed on those databases but yet, no Vampire cards there. This is more confusing than info on Wiki.

I understand and respect the position you have taken. In my humble opinion, it is not okay to praise our own work, no matter how good it may be. It will be time for third parties to recognize the importance you had in the Amiga rebirth. As a simple Amigan I recognize the value you have come to demonstrate. Even more importantly, you have been recognized by Mr. Dave Haynie (great Amiga legend) as the Amiga resuscitator!


Hugo Pereira

Posts 55
14 Dec 2019 22:47


Gunnar von Boehn wrote:

igor majstorovic wrote:

  Makes me wonder why?
 

 
  While Dave Haynie loves you for reviving AMIGA,
  for some people you are enemy number one - as you disturb some peoples kingdoms.
 
 

I completely agree with you. When our work is good, we bother a lot of people who are accommodated.

By the way, I would like to say that I really appreciate the work you have been doing and all the success you have had leading the Apollo Team.


Alan Haynes

Posts 140
14 Dec 2019 23:29


igor majstorovic wrote:

I m not the fan of self promotions and surely nowdays wiki can be used for that. I was surprised and proud to see there that we are mentioned there. I like to think that good project and info about it will find a way on its own. It is against my principles to write words of glory for something I participate in on the media like Wikipedia become.

Good for you Igor


Alan Haynes

Posts 140
14 Dec 2019 23:38


Gunnar von Boehn wrote:

igor majstorovic wrote:

  Makes me wonder why?
 

 
  While Dave Haynie loves you for reviving AMIGA,
  for some people you are enemy number one - as you disturb some peoples kingdoms.

Absolutely true Gunnar but there will also be a lot more who look on Igor as a hero like the rest of the Apollo Team.

Someday you will all be legends and all the critics are forgotten.
 





Alan Haynes

Posts 140
14 Dec 2019 23:50


Hugo Pereira wrote:

igor majstorovic wrote:

  I won't do it, some retro enthusiast will do it probably when time comes. No matter Wiki but did you see Vampire cards listed on any Amiga hardware database website? No? Makes me wonder why? Other upgrades for Amiga who were done much later than any of Vampire accelerators is listed on those databases but yet, no Vampire cards there. This is more confusing than info on Wiki.
 

  I understand and respect the position you have taken. In my humble opinion, it is not okay to praise our own work, no matter how good it may be. It will be time for third parties to recognize the importance you had in the Amiga rebirth. As a simple Amigan I recognize the value you have come to demonstrate. Even more importantly, you have been recognized by Mr. Dave Haynie (great Amiga legend) as the Amiga resuscitator!

Well said Hugo and I think that you could be a valued member of Team Apollo as the Wiki Keeper. The one who updates the Amiga Wiki Pages for the Vampires.
Your writing style is very good, easy to read and understand.
I am not sure where you are from so don't know if you are fluent in other languages but certainly for the English pages you could do very well. And you don't need a lot of knowledge as those who believe they know what should be added could simply pass along to you their dot points for inclusion.

Sorry Gunnar if you already have someone in mind and certainly not my call but might be worth considering someone to be keeper of the Vampire Wiki pages.


Tim Trepanier

Posts 109
15 Dec 2019 01:19


igor majstorovic wrote:
I m not the fan of self promotions

I understand this and feel the same way about my own work. However, no product can succeed if no-one knows about it. Just consider how bad Commodore marketing was.

Sometimes you have to bend your morals to become successful. In this case you have an entire community eager to fill any roles the team needs.



Hugo Pereira

Posts 55
15 Dec 2019 12:26


Alan Haynes wrote:

Hugo Pereira wrote:

 
igor majstorovic wrote:

  I won't do it, some retro enthusiast will do it probably when time comes. No matter Wiki but did you see Vampire cards listed on any Amiga hardware database website? No? Makes me wonder why? Other upgrades for Amiga who were done much later than any of Vampire accelerators is listed on those databases but yet, no Vampire cards there. This is more confusing than info on Wiki.
 

  I understand and respect the position you have taken. In my humble opinion, it is not okay to praise our own work, no matter how good it may be. It will be time for third parties to recognize the importance you had in the Amiga rebirth. As a simple Amigan I recognize the value you have come to demonstrate. Even more importantly, you have been recognized by Mr. Dave Haynie (great Amiga legend) as the Amiga resuscitator!
 

 
  Well said Hugo and I think that you could be a valued member of Team Apollo as the Wiki Keeper. The one who updates the Amiga Wiki Pages for the Vampires.
  Your writing style is very good, easy to read and understand.
  I am not sure where you are from so don't know if you are fluent in other languages but certainly for the English pages you could do very well. And you don't need a lot of knowledge as those who believe they know what should be added could simply pass along to you their dot points for inclusion.
 
  Sorry Gunnar if you already have someone in mind and certainly not my call but might be worth considering someone to be keeper of the Vampire Wiki pages.

Thanks for the nice words Alan. I am Portuguese, but I speak and write fluent English. I would be flattered and would love if Master Gunnar invited me to participate in the team project. However, he probably doesn't even know I exist.


Vojin Vidanovic

Posts 1731
15 Dec 2019 16:29


Use the Vamps own Wiki
EXTERNAL LINK


Gunnar von Boehn
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 4969
15 Dec 2019 17:19


Dear Hugo,

thanks for your kind words.
First of all, documentation also on Wikipedia is certain a task which we neglected and never had enough time and focus.
So if people help us here this would be wonderful.


Michal Pietal

Posts 136
18 Dec 2019 17:25


Great!

Letíís spread the word throughout the internet, altogether.

I am too, happy personally, that we just could read all, Sashaís V4SA review in latest AF!

Mine (alas multiple FPGA solutions altogether) will be expected in subsequent issue (ca. Jan 15th).

Great timing, Mr von Boehn!!!


Rollef 2000

Posts 15
19 Dec 2019 07:36


Gunnar von Boehn wrote:

igor majstorovic wrote:

  Makes me wonder why?
 

 
  While Dave Haynie loves you for reviving AMIGA,
  for some people you are enemy number one - as you disturb some peoples kingdoms.

Some kind of paranoia?
Maybe no one has sent photos and descriptions to the databases yet?


Igor Majstorovic
(Apollo Team Member)
Posts 356
19 Dec 2019 12:34


@Rollef2000 It is not nice to joke about my health conditions. What I m diagnosed for should be private and not spread publicly like this.

posts 28page  1 2