My pers answers:
|Chris Chris wrote:|
It would be really great and the community would appriciate if a main overview or main summary status report as well as a roadmap could be made.
Overall Roadmap exists in Vamp Wikipedia, as well as reports as they go. Seems current report is "improving V1200 and V4SA cores as well as AROS as major milestones"
|Chris Chris wrote:|
- hardware board -> update in near future expected due to new investigations / expansions / shiedlings / electrical stability ?
You mean which Classic hw works? Same as on v2 minus PCMCIA A1200 is being fixed. V1200 and V4SA are stable. What about electrical shielding?
|Chris Chris wrote:|
- Ethernet / WiFi (will Wifi be conneced via Ethernet-Adapter or via the io-ports and then in this case with an own hardware driver?)
V1200 ETH: same as other v2
V4SA: Driver of their own in house beta, hope soon to be done
Wi Fi: Proposed, not yet done! I hope for it, but note that my OS4 Prism2 card exp is that OS4 has manual config and no Wi Fi indicator, hope this can be done better
- Audio current capacity / channels / quality ?
V2 cores same as Classics
V4 cores: No AHI driver for Pamela yet, just play16 ADOS cmd
Full 16 bit 8 ch (Doubled Paula quality)
- USB: can a USB-Hub been added in future ? Will there be a drive to connect further USB port to the io ports ?
Currently its mouse and kbd. If mouse on DB9 is used, it leaves one free USB port. In future USB Mass Storage is a must, but first do the KBs, mouse and joystick extensive testing and support (current phase)
Would it be possible to connect USB-Stick, 1x USB-Mouse-Keyboard using Bluetooth, USB-Bluetooth, USB-WiFi ? USB-Harddrive ?
No BT stack for AmigaOS. Took quite long time even for Linux PPC, so wont count at it at all. Special USB devices needs a bit of drivers too, and vendors wont do them, team is too small. Maybe as outsourced job. It would be better to take the bite, then to just wish.
When io-ports been used, could then the existing drivers package Poseidon be used ?
V1200 uses all Classic ports, v4SA has none beside DB9 and USB.
Poseidon is NOT needed and might conflict (havent tested) but COULD bring USB Mass STorage support (anyone tried?)
So, active after booting ? Is this a possible szenario ? What would be a solution for future ?
USB support is hardcoded in ROM, avail on power independetly of AOS.
- Keyboards: Would be possible to the exsiting USB connector to connect one USB-Bluetooth-Adapter that is converting Bluetooth-Mouse and Bluetooth Keyboard connected on one USB connector ? Then it would be possible to place one StandAlone Vamp behind the TV on Vese plate and fix it there and sit on the couch and have fun with Amiga without any cables.
No, you have PS3 and 4 and Wireless joysticks, but Sony is not behind Amiga.
- Joysticks: Would be great to have also BlueTooth-Joysticks for gaming w/o cables in front of TV.
Would be, but again no BT on Amiga.
- io-ports: are any hardware projects fixed planned that are using io pins and are io pins already grouped for special usage to avoid overlapping of hardware applications using the hardware io pins ?
Oh there is tiny CPU expansion port like on other FPGAs but I am to much social worker to understand what you are asking.
e.g. port 1 for Amiga related expansions as USB-Hub or BT / port 2 for external companies building hardware / port 3 free for users ?
There is one port and on V4SA I would use it for Wi Fi once done.
Dont expect too much.
- how can data exchange been made more convinient ? e.g. using an USB-Stick ?
Use SDCard slot and SDCard reader on PC.
- what has been updated ? e.g. rom ? booting ? mouse ?
Constantly fixing USB support.
- what has been bug fixed ? e.g. gfx ?
There are newer SAGA drivers
- what has been activated ? e.g. ethernet ?
VIP on v4SA
- what has been optimized ? e.g. booting ?
Its not classic KS, optimized is whole core, see last beta V12 core changelog - turtle mode, 040.library in ROM and few goodies and game fixes.
- what are the main issues which are now needs to be finished first as highest priority ? e.g. furher IDE speed up and bug fixing / Booting / rom update procedures / update procedures
Seems to be PCMCIA on V1200 and further speed improvement, backporting GOLD3-V4SA fears to V1200
On V4SA I would say LAN is highest priority as well as overall core improvements.
- what are the main targets for the next quarter to solve ?
Mentioned above and finalizing GOLD 2.12 core for all V2 users, in the end finalizing V2 GOLD3 core too.
- what is status on Amiga OS 3.1 / 3.9 on licences and are there any movements ? Time horizon for solutions ? It is currently a mess not to have lates package possible to be bought working on original Amiga and Vamps.
OS 3.1 can be bought from Cloanto, OS 3.9 from few remaining copies, OS 220.127.116.11 will be succeded by minor OS 3.2, Hype is slowly backporting OS4 feats and milking us instead of OS4 A1 community in chaos.
- AROS has been announced to be OS for Vamp:
- what is current status
Fixing booting on all Vamps, improving AROS RTG
- what is missing for today to make it a good platform (just by
Backport of AROS x64 apps to AROS m68k. We will have OS but not all the AROS apps.
- what is the outlook on AROS
See any AROS on PC - Spartan Zune looks like improved OS 3.1 theme with big icons. Gladly, this can be changed.
So, many questions. A lot is found in the forum. Would appreciate to get an overview.
Join telegram group of read FAQ and Vampire Wikipedia.
Many thanks and all the best to all of you keeping the Amiga flag high !!!
Hear ya Chris, the banner is raised. How High Method man and Redman would ask :) (No ... part 2 is laame)